Existing Member?

Togetherness

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 26 May 2010 | Views [700] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

Kindness inspired this story. Everywhere I go I have been embraced with open arms and hospitality that I would unfortunately never associate with how we as Americans treat foreigners. 

I knew I wanted to feature the kindness I have met, but I planned my piece as I went, looking for every opportunity to make friends and film along the way. Vietnam seemed like the perfect contradiction of how kind Vietnamese are compared to how horrible we were.

I would like to replace the question of challenges I faced, with the biggest challenge I did not face. The language barrier was one of most beautiful allegedly labelled 'problems' of interaction, but in reality I found the language barrier a shortcut towards a deeper human connection.

My goal in life is to make films that inspire people to make a positive change in the world and have the best time doing what I love.

My submission is over the time limit, so please use the first 3 minutes of my video as my submission.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

Comments

1

Hello Toby- just checking that you are aware that to be eligible for the scholarship your application video must be 3 minutes or less? I understand, and apologize at my extended length. My intentions are to simply use the first 3 minutes of my film as the submission. Sincerely, Toby Ben Mullinkosson

  scholarships Jun 8, 2010 10:13 AM

About toby


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.