Existing Member?

The Exciting Adventures of T&J

Ready-Set-Go

CANADA | Friday, 5 August 2016 | Views [287]

Time flies, we been planning this trip for some time now and here we are... The night before. We've always wanted to do a major trip do I guess this is it. 2.5 months in Western Europe should be a blast. We told our kids quite some time ago..."no babies or weddings from August 6 th to October 22. So in that time they kept us busy with our second grandson born at the end of June and a daughters wedding on July 30 th. Quite a busy time with moving from Thompson in northern Manitoba and desettling into our home in the interlake area to the south.

So Jean and I spent today packing and repacking The backpacks. Taking stuff out but adding things too. We probably have too much but time will tell. Jeans pack weighs 35 lbs and mine is 31. Our day packs are around 10-11 lbs.we will be in norther Scotland at the start ending in Italy and France in warmer climate so the sweater and rain jackets and umbrellas might only get used the first week or so.

on all other trips there always seems to be something that goes not as planned... So we are excited to see just what that will be and how we will handle it..., standby ... Take off time is tomorrow at 2240 ha....

Tags: packing, the day before..

About tjcbackpackers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.