Existing Member?

SEE PARIS AND DIE

SEE PARIS AND DIE

FRANCE | Tuesday, 22 April 2014 | Views [745] | Scholarship Entry

I will never forget my experience in the city of lights…France was for me a dream destination. Somewhere I had dreamed of going to for many years. So, my joy knew no bound when I got the news that the French foreign Ministry in Nigeria had selected me and three other journalists for the once in a lifetime experience of visiting France. See Paris and die! I have heard that saying many times before. This saying describes the feeling one gets from being a live partaker of the beautiful world fashion capital. After visiting France, you need not experience any other thing that will contaminate the memories of Paris. I only imagined it…but didn’t imagine how truly beautiful the place truly was. It was my first trip abroad! We set out on our journey to Paris on the 10th of March 2007. With all travel document prepared, we boarded the plane to Paris at midnight and got to Charles De Gualle airport in the early hours of the morning. La Ville Lumiere! Lights everywhere, red, blue, yellow; colours combining to give you an array of spectacular beauty. We stayed at the Hotel Victoria, a charming 2nd generation hotel situated in the centre of Paris. The interior décor at the hotel reminded one of ancient royalty. From my room window at the hotel, I was presented with a magnificent view of Paris. We visited many interesting places, the French Parliament building, Le Mouse du Louvre, one of the world’s most historical monument very close to another land mark; the Seine River and many other interesting sights. Particularly interesting was our night at the Moulin Rouge! I never believed such level of great artistry and showmanship existed anywhere in the world. I still remember my trips on the subway to Marcadet, Saint Ettiene and to Brussels in Belgium which was just an hour’s drive from Paris. Where France was conservative, Brussels was a total contrast. I visited the EU headquarters and got a feel of how politicians make decisions that enhance the smooth running of Europe. The food was spectacular and the people very friendly. Though, it’s been a long time now, I still long to go back; if only to have a taste of this heaven on earth again. Perhaps, one day I will satisfy this longing and desire to see such beauty again. My experience in France could best be described simply as ten days of fun, almost like a dream I didn’t want to wake up from…No wonder they say in Nigeria, SEE PARIS AND DIE! What more is there to see? I just wonder.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About titi


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.