Existing Member?

open sesame, let the magical moment... begin!

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - My Big Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 7 March 2011 | Views [211] | Scholarship Entry

It's the third times i went to Pangandaran Beach. The first, when i was 5 years old, the second i was 12 years old, and i came again, 16 years later, in my age of 28.
There's so many changes as i remember, the fact that the tsunami had destroyed the beach several years ago, i get this chilled moment, scared if the tsunami suddenly came.

It's 5 am when we (me, my son and my husband family) arrived, and very exhausted after spent 7 hours in the road.
Then we came at this old hotel, the same hotel when i visit Pangandaran Beach in the first time. I remember that the hotel near the deer shelter.
But hearing the sound of wave, i don't feel like to shut my eyes and go to sleep. After had an very early breakfast, we go to the beach and see the sunrise. My worries dissapeard.
Sailing with the boat and see the coral, even it doesn't quite impressive because of the tsunami effects, but the people there are doing the best to rebuild the coral again to its nature habitat.

And for the fun times, we ride on the bike, but very crowded there, i'm so worried because i had to look after my niece, on the other side i have to lookout for myself and extra careful, because there's so many motorcycles, others bikes, KTV's, and cars.
For an hour biking, i can't feel my leg and very tired, the funny experiences were happens to my mother in law: her pant are wreck, from the leg until her hips. We laugh all the night, everytime we look to her pant.

We travel to Batu Karas Beach the day after, there's other beaches near Pangandaran, there's Batu Hiu, Karang Nini. But the most beautiful of all is Batu Karas, even it's the bitter place to remember to folks who lived there, because it's the place when tsunami strike the worst part. Many died in there.
It's quite crowded nowadays, even i can see broken building everywhere.

The most exciting when we travel to Green Canyon Cave. It's place where you can see stalagmit and stalagtit rocks also the waterfall. Because the water keep pouring from the rocks, this place were also called "Hujan Abadi" or "The Eternal Rain". To get there, we ride a boat. It's very beautiful view, we're surrounded by the rocks like we go the deepest tunnel. When there's no rain, the water were so clear and we can go to swim near the waterfall.

It's very enjoyful moment that i won't forget. I took all the pictures that catch from eyes and framed it in my heart so it last forever.

Then the footsteps saying goodbye to the journey there and looking forward the new magical moments.

Tags: #2011Writing, Travel Writing Scholarship 2011

About tita_rosianti


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.