Existing Member?

Town in mountains

Snowy mountains adventure

FRANCE | Saturday, 23 May 2015 | Views [122] | Scholarship Entry

If you ask people, what is your favourite time of the year, most of them will say Christmas time! And it is true! Everything is so peacefull and the atmosphere is gorgeous! But when Christmas time ends, people are come back to their regular responsibilites and very soon thay forgot how to enjoy in cold days! Last year, around this time, I decidet to go in a small town in Franch mountains, called Less Oress! I have never herad of that city before so i was very excited about that trip, even though i didnt expect something special. From the largest city in the Croatia, i came to small town in France whit something more than five huderds residents. So small, so quite, so sweet town, make me speechless! Thair wasnt any musem, an old cathedral, or interesting buildings, but something in Lass Oress was special. The appartments where I was sleeping, were placed in the centre of the city! Appartments house are build of stone and wood, what gives a feeling of warmth. In the town was only one food shop, two coffe bars, severl souvenir shops placed in a circle. In the middle of the circle was something like small square. People meet there and talk over cup of hot chocolate or franch famous mulled vine. I had tried white mulled vine there, and it is very good, especially those whit the aroma of cinammon! You can feel there the idyllic winter atmosphere. And the mountains was everywhere around, so in the nights moon lit them! That is wonderful sight. I could`t stop thinking about how i was wrong when I pictured this small town old and boring! People are always smiling there and you can fell atmosphere of togetherness all over the city. Every day one man, in winter jacket, baked fresh chickens in the middle of square and selling them! For the pizza you need to make reservations for your table one day before because there is no many places for that many turist. I wasn´t bad because I had time for waiting! I was at many other biggest cityes but none of them impressd me like this one! Whit all this beautifle stuff, Less Oress isn´t place for partys! There is only one hall placed a little deeper in the forest, where we was celebrated the New Year! That night was magical! The view from the hall is focused on the small town in the foothills of the mountains. The firework from there is almost divine sight because standing on the top of one montain and watchig different colors that sparkle over the huge and little bit scary mountains isnt everday privilege.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About tinaherceg


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.