Existing Member?

Look I Made a Blog

I don't have much in life, but fuck I've got a nice hat.

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 12 July 2008 | Views [311] | Comments [7]

Greetings all,

Well, I'm about four months late in doing this, but as someone who didn't start university until 28, that shouldn't come as a big surprise to those who know me best.

I've decided to start updating the blog because I've got so many half-finished e-mail conversations lying around (usually on my part, occasionally on the part of others, no names Andrew...) so I figure it's easier to just update the lot of you at once.

Everyone's pretty much heard whatever parts of the Thailand odyssey are suitable for their consumption (lovely temples, mum!).  I arrived in the UK on April 7th and immediately went to my new job tending bar in Hounslow, which is zone five on the tube.

I witnessed my first attempted murder five days later.  In my place of employment.  Nonetheless, I made it three months and it changed me as a person.  If you never thought you'd see me slap my hand on a bar and scream "You! Out!" and be obeyed then you haven't seen me post-Hounslow.

I've done a lot of the usual London things; Buckingham Palace (kind of over-rated), been very drunk in Soho (Rob's fault), seen lots of lovely paintings, almost shagged a Brazilian and got chucked (I still maintain it's perfectly okay to make fun of someone's religion when they're a fundamentalist christian and work in a gay bar), shagged a Canadian twice and I think I've been chucked (note to self: stop shagging people who describe themselves as "basically single"), and spent about four weeks looking for loopholes in the citizenship regulations of various European countries because I never want to go back to Australia (as far as I can tell, having a Norwegian step-great-grandparent doesn't get you very far).

I've now left the pub and after a quick trip north to Liverpool where I didn't understand a word anyone said for two days, I'm living in a hostel in Brixton, am unemployed, having lovely chats over coffee with people who barely speak English, and am pretty much loving every moment (apart from the bits where I panic about being unemployed; yeah, y'all knew that was coming).

The photo was taken in Picadilly Circus after the unofficial 2008 HAHS London reunion.  Rob lives here, Belinda is just visiting, and I'm... I dunno.

The hat is from Petticoat Lane Markets.  I haven't yet decided whether to leave it to any boys my sister craps out, or be cremated in it.

Comments

1

First!

  timoth Jul 12, 2008 6:40 AM

2

Second!!!!

More shaggin Details, please sir!!!

Oh, I so like the sound of you being 'masterful' and 'Dominant' Tim....

Why, of why are all the best men out of reach???

As for 'basically single'.... you get what you had coming, so to speak.

Sounds like fun. I got a lovely frock from the same markets you got your hat from and I honestly think you would look better in the frock.

Miss you, Gorgeous man!!!!

C xx

  Cathryn Jul 12, 2008 7:00 AM

3

Wow you three look amazing! Great stories there Tim. You should try agency work - always good for employment and sponsorship!

  Nicole Jul 12, 2008 7:10 AM

4

hahaha! My comment keeps repeatingitself...

no idea why...

I only posted it once!!!

C xx

  Cathryn Jul 12, 2008 7:21 AM

5

Nice hat....I would go the cremation route if I were you

Sounds like you are having an interesting time anf I am delighted to read your sentiments aobut coming back to Oz - toally agree, but maybe for different reasons.

We saddle up for Singapore on July 28th or 29th depending on which waitlist frees up first and cant wait. I am trying to avoid blog drinks at this point as the thought of me getting messy once again and probably making a dick of myself to a much wider audience that usual is worth avoiding.

You have indeed lost even more weight - I think the AMAL crew should stump up for an emergency pie delivery to help you through straightened times just in case the unemployment last longer than any meagher stored body fat you might have. Any flavours of particular interest....

Speaking of tourist things - have you 'done' the whispering wall in st Peters or pauls or whatever ? Very cool

hope things settle down a bit for you if thats what you want

J



  wilow Jul 13, 2008 1:59 PM

6

hi darling

yes loving that picture of the smelly stuff from liverpool

tell us more about your adventures in London - the day time ones i mean!

corgs XXXXXX

  corgette Jul 14, 2008 10:01 AM

7

Oh lovey! Nice hat. I am not sure whether it would contribute to the greenhouse effect or global warming... whatever you want to call it. Of if the act of cremation would contribute to it...

Anyway, It is lovely to see you doing well.

Take Care.

  M Jul 15, 2008 7:39 PM

About timoth


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.