Existing Member?

The Stirs of my Sister

Always On The Go

GUATEMALA | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [440] | Scholarship Entry

Hello there!

My name is Taimur Khan Lodhi, but you can call me Timmy for short. I'm a digital filmmaking student from Santa Rosa, California.

I've been obsessed with the idea of becoming a travel documentation my entire life. I've had dreams where I was on safari in Africa shooting video with wild animals or diving in Australia with the wildest marine life I could ever imagine. Ever since I picked up my first video camera when I was 13 I knew it was something I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

I started traveling when I was 18 years old. I was in a punk rock band that would book DIY tours all across the United States, sometimes playing to nobody. It was then that I realized that I didn't care if anyone saw us play because I was so excited to be seeing new places everyday.

Shortly after we disbanded my little sister inspired me to embark on a three month solo-trip across Peru, Bolivia, and Ecuador. It was life changing. I never knew how experiencing new cultures, trying new foods and meeting friends would affect me personally until that trip. It changed the way I saw the world.

Winning this scholarship would mean BIG things in my life. I recently quit my job at a cafe so I could pursue my video career and improve my skills. I've been searching for an opportunity like this one, which would bring me so much further to reaching my life goal. I honestly believe that if you put all of your energy into trying to achieve something then anything is possible.

Thanks!
Timmy

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About timmylodhi


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.