Existing Member?

Tim and Sam... ...will be out of the office until further notice.

The journey out

NEPAL | Sunday, 7 October 2007 | Views [684]

Kathmandu

Kathmandu

So, we've arrived in Kathmandu after a brief stop in Delhi. The highlight of the new Jet Airways flight from London was an excellent curry, the downside was an interesting choice of Kenny G muzak for the entire flight.

Delhi was Delhi, just a lot more expensive than in recent memory. The drive in from the airport was a little hairy but full of interesting sights including a troop of red bottomed monkeys who live by the side of the road. Hotels seem to have shot up in price but not so the food. We ate a fantastic South Indian meal for around 2.50 and then crashed out. Waking up this morning we discovered a layer of small, dead flies covering the windowsill and floor nearby, let's hope they hadn't treated the bedsheets with the same stuff!

Kathmandu is lovely. We missed the views of Everest on the way in as it was a bit cloudy, but we'll hopefully catch a glimpse in the next few days. The hotel Ganesh Himal is very nice. We have a room on the roof with great views over the city and out to the hills and the iconic monkey temple.

Just got back from town after a few drinks, we opted for Blues over the Guns'n'Roses covers band we could hear from the street - how middle aged.

Tomorrow morning I am going to buy a tye-dye suit and Sam has her eye on an all in one down jumpsuit in the mountaineering shop down the road, who knows it might even keep her feet warm on a cool, June evening in St Albans.

Tim.

Tags: Mountains

About tim_and_sam


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.