Existing Member?

Love, Trust, and a little bit of Wanderlust If we don't try we will never know, in the end we only regret the chances we didn't take.

Ha Long Bay - Day3

VIETNAM | Friday, 21 April 2017 | Views [472] | Comments [1]

We got up early and organised our bags before heading down stairs for breakfast. They had streaky bacon and local sausage, fresh omelettes were being made, with tea, coffee, juice and fruit. We had what we could stomach at that time and waited for our pick up to arrive. We got on the bus and headed back to small boat. This transferred us back to the original boat from day one, where we had time to relax on the top open air deck while we sailed. We were then invited to make fresh spring rolls before lunch. Another huge lunch was served and we ended up leaving so much of it. It was a shame but we just couldn't eat what they were giving us!
We sailed a little longer, heading back to Ha Long Bay. We docked and we're loaded back on the tiny, cramped mini bus for the 4 hour journey back to Hanoi. At this point I didn't feel well so tried my best to sleep on the mini bus. It was hot, uncomfortable and annoying but the four hours we're over relatively quickly and we were back in the chaos of Hanoi.

We found a guest house and booked in. We were shattered but hungry so we headed out. We discovered all the roads by the lake were all closed. It had basically become a huge walking street and people were taking advantage of the space. It was so busy but not manic, it was nice to walk around. We got chance to admire the lake this time instead of viewing it through traffic, and in the dark it was lit up beautifully. We strolled around for a while, taking in the sights, then we spotted a food hall. This place had all the 'Western' food chains, (I say it like that because KFC, McDonald's, Burger King are all as popular here as they are in the U.K, and the locals love the stuff) so we caved and got a Domino's pizza to share before heading back.
We relaxed, watched some downloaded tv, then read before falling asleep. For the past few days I haven't slept well, I think a combination of being on water, worrying I wouldn't wake up on time, and being over tired had just taken its toll. I slept like a log. We both passed out and slept solid until around 9am. It was certainly a needed rest! Waking up fully refreshed and ready for more exploring!

Comments

1

Brilliant blog xxx

  Mummy Stegs Apr 22, 2017 5:30 AM

About tigerlillytravels


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.