Existing Member?

Love, Trust, and a little bit of Wanderlust If we don't try we will never know, in the end we only regret the chances we didn't take.

Newly weds with no idea...

THAILAND | Tuesday, 7 February 2017 | Views [473] | Comments [2]

All packed and ready to go. Our lives for the next 8 months!

All packed and ready to go. Our lives for the next 8 months!

 

Being new to the long term travel scene, after a bit of research it seems to go hand in hand with a blog, something else I am completely new to! So this is an attempt to document and share the experiences of a lifetime.
When I suggested travelling the first time round, to my then boyfriend, it was pretty quickly dismissed, but after a trip to Thailand the following year he seemed to become more welcoming of the idea. It took another 12 months, in which time we sold a flat, moved in with family, planned a wedding, hunted (a lot) for a new house, and did our best to save. The fact we couldn't find a house we liked was pretty much a deciding factor. After a truly horrendous house viewing I threw an off the cuff comment to my then fiancé about giving up and buggering off to travel.... to my absolute amazement he said yes!!
What followed was lots and lots and lots of planning.... for a wedding. That's right, before we even looked into travelling properly we were already mid-flow for our wedding. We just decided we would plan our dream day, then plan our dream 'holiday' afterwards. So we did all of these things within months of each other, because, well just because! No real reason or logic to it at all. We got married in October and had given ourselves until February to save. 
We booked our flight out to Thailand with absolutely no plan what so ever. We didn't even know how much money we would have by the time we flew, all we knew was we were going, so it was booked. We had all sorts of good intentions to read travel books and blogs, research countries and regions, plan routes and itineraries and be super duper organised for this adventure.... how very, very wrong we were. 
October rolled in to November, then December came hitting us full force with Christmas, then January flew by in a flash with birthdays and celebrations, then our flights were a week away and we hadn't even packed!!!! 
But the day came, we had managed to pack our whole lives into boxes in my mums loft, pack what bit of our lives we could manage into rucksacks and we're on our way. 
The newly wed travellers with no plan, no real knowledge and no idea what was in store for us.... but we were on our way and that was all that mattered. All we really want in life is to travel, fall in love, and be happy.... We're doing well so far 😉

 

Follow me for regular updates on Instagram @tigerlillytravels -     Https://www.instagram.com/tigerlillytravels

Tags: backpacking, newbies, thailand, travel

Comments

1

Love it Lil ☺

  Waz Feb 12, 2017 5:01 AM

2

This is great I hope you keep it up! That's if you're not having too much fun! <3 x

  Emily Feb 12, 2017 5:19 AM

About tigerlillytravels


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.