Existing Member?

The Sights and Tastes of a Korean Herb Market

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [178] | Scholarship Entry

Everyone’s heard something about Eastern medicine. It’s all over the place from chi to yoga to green tea. We didn’t realize it, but living in Seoul, we were just down the street from one of the city’s traditional Korean medicine markets. We made this clip because we wanted people to see another side of this land that the average traveler might pass by.
Andrada is a documentary film student. She’s made films in Romania, England, Korea, and Vietnam. One of her most recent projects also won a bursary from the One World Media Student Program.
Thomas is just along for the ride. Okay fine, he’s presented for a couple of things here and there, but honestly more than anything, he’s just a rambunctious dude who likes going new places.
Filming in Brazil sounds tremendous to both of us. In our experience, we’ve found that going places as a filmmaker lets you have access to people’s lives in ways that you wouldn’t have as a regular Joe. We’ve been to a few places, but of what it seems, few of them match the passion and downright loudness that Brazil boasts. Case in point, we want to see if Brazil is everything we’ve been led to believe. And if it is, we want the world to know about it.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About thomas-andrada


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.