Existing Member?

WONDERFUL WANDERLUST I think, I travel, I wonder

vacation in the middle of chaotic life

INDONESIA | Monday, 16 April 2012 | Views [911]

I've done my wet lab for final project, I got the data, I was doing my final report when my laptop just crashed last week and the draft has to be collected this Thursday. So, instead of freaked out and stressed out, I accompanied my friends, Wina and Nungky to Pramuka Island, as I promised, when they're sampling some anemone and bio rock for their final project. It means beach, sea, snorkel, sunshine, vacation, and having some fun before i get doomed!

Me, Wina, Nungky, Abam, Dea, and Praba went to Jakarta after Jara's Birthday dinner. We arrived at Nungky's after midnight, but we didn't go to bed straight away, we stayed up and talked and laughed until all of us couldn't open our eyes. After 2 hours sleep we felt like zombies, but we have to go to Angke as fast as we could because the boat which took us to Pramuka Island will be departed at 7 in the morning. We need two and a half hours in the sea until we arrived at Pramuka Island and one of us just throw up into the sea (no mention :p). At first I thought that Pramuka Island is a very small Island and we have to camp there, but I was wrong because there are a big mosque, schools, library, government office, even hospital. Too bad that the electricity only present at night and it was so hot at noon! I can't help it, I'm a mountain person.

After we bought a-lunch-to-go (read: Nasi bungkus padang), the story begin. we went to small island for lunch, of course by small wood boat.
When I jumped into the sea I felt so happy, all of my friends laughed at me and called me little kiddo, they said that I looked so happy and enthusiastic. Hey, what can I say! I've trapped inside the microbiology laboratory for 6 months!

Then we went snorkeling until we were tired. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the last time I snorkel was summer vacation 2 years ago. That's the reason why I was super excited. There are a lot of beautiful fish with bright colors and the coral is fine (coral at Amed are much more beautiful). We surveyed the site where Wina and Nungky were going to sampling. After snorkeling, we went to Semak Daun Island to see the sunset.

Too bad on the first night I caught a cold. I felt so miserable and I don't want to be left behind alone in the guesthouse tomorrow. I still want to snorkeling! So I drank a hot water, 2 sachets of tolak angin and one tablet 500mg paracetamol. Thank God I felt a lot better in the next morning. So let's go outside!

Today was sampling day. Since I haven't take a diving license I couldn't dive in open water like Wina, Nungky, Abam, and Dea. So I just helped them morally, haha. And I felt so jealous when they wore the wetsuit, and another diving stuffs. Note to self: take a diving license after graduation is a must!
When they were sampling, me and Praba who cannot diving either just snorkeling around above them. In Nungky's sampling site the wave is 1 meter high, I felt like I was gonna die there, It was hard for me to breathe, even the boat went away for a while because of the big wave. All I can see is Abam, Praba, and Instructor's fins, because its color is bright yellow. Somehow it got me thinking how a captain of the boat know where we are when there's no sign or signal at all :p

Go to the sea for some fun, go to the mountain for some self actualization.
Good friends, good adventures, great nature. Nothing can beat it.
Hello reality, we meet again.
Cheerio!

Tags: beaches, indonesia, snorkel

 

About thinktravelwonder

Golden Elephant @Promthep Cape - Phuket

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.