Existing Member?

Camera na mao

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [177] | Scholarship Entry

I wanted to show places out of the ordinary, cause any foreigner would go to the most famous places, but at the end I did a mixture of both. These places are very interesting to Mexican culture, a boxing gym and a Pulquería.

This gym has given many world champions,most people who go to the gym is poor class cause boxing is the only way to have a bit of money.

And I went to La Pulquería where attend young peole, an old peple to listen to music, to dance and laugh, Pulque is better than beer and more nutritious, is sacred and it's long tradition.

I'm a film student at CUEC, (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México), and I've done shortfilms and shortdocumentaries as student, nothing professional.

When a friend told me about the scolarship, I couldn't believe there was such an opportunity to travel to Rio. I was so excited cause I want to go to Brazil, I love this country, I want to discover all the wonders of Brazil, the places, meet people, learn their culture, samba dancing, playing football, doing capoeira, listening to bossanova, know the stories of people.
Winning the scolarship is a great oportunnity cause it'll unite my two passions, Brazil and filming, the perfect mix.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About thiagomauricio


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.