Existing Member?

SanFerminworld

Intheworld

SPAIN | Sunday, 17 May 2015 | Views [206] | Scholarship Entry

On the 6th of July starts the worldwide San Fermin Festivals "Running of the bulls" in Pamplona-Navarra (Spain). This may sound like another party where you drink, eat and dance until colapse, but it is not exactly that kind of party. My father is american (Jacksonville-Florida) and my mom is from Navarra. I am born in Puerto Rico but have been raised since I was six in Spain. Totally bilingual and have visited my grandparents in Ney York until I turned 19 years old. This mixture is weird but full of culture, languages and experience. Ernest Hemingway´s firt important work was "Fiesta" and I have the privelege to say that he gave Pamplona the international prestige that made San Fermin Festivals one of the most famous parties in the world. My parents set up a restaurant in the old part of Pamplona ten years ago (anniversary next 4th of July) and they have become part of the "navarra" culture and part of the american meeting point, since many dedicated americans lovers who visit Pamplona during those days also visit our bar and take part in one of the best bull festivities. I have a degree in journalism and a master's in social networking leisure , tourism and environment. Actually, I am managing the social network of "Los Burgos de Iruña" on Facebook and Twitter and my dream is to travel around the world being able to communicate to other readers about my experiences and specail visual of life.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About theworldcomestome


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.