Existing Member?

The Way In Which The Stars Move

Stargazing From the Land Down Under

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 21 April 2014 | Views [142] | Scholarship Entry

The very first time I tilted my head up to gaze at the heavens was when I realized that there is so much more to life then the petty problems of man. There is a vast world up there of impossible delights and it seems that in this day and age people are forgetting about it. I sat out on the veranda one day with my father right beside me. He pointed out through a telescope all the wonderful sights in the night sky. I saw stars and planets and the most beautiful nebula's our skies have to offer. I remember watching as my dad set up his camera onto the telescope and took some of the best space photographs I had ever seen. After my night of stupendous star searching I went into my room and wrote down everything I could remember about how I felt when I saw Jupiter for the first time and what thoughts were running through my head. I vowed that from that night on I would kept up my keen interest in space and intertwine that into my love and passion for writing.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About thewondersofastronomy


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.