Existing Member?

taste the delicious places

Catching a Moment - Siger Lampung

INDONESIA | Sunday, 14 April 2013 | Views [237] | Scholarship Entry

I have made a very memorable story inside Lampung. First time I came there, I can see lots of people have a unique material in front of the shops and houses called siger. Then, I asked my friends 'why it should be put there?' they assumed it was the tradition there as the identity of Lampung to differentiate from others.

The night when I just arrived, I decided to visit one of friends for having discussion and test regarding to the competition My friends and I joined. Therefore, I asked the receptionist for giving me a taxi. The receptionist has told us that the taxi should be paid Rp. 50.000,- for only one way to drive regardless the long of the journey. Thus, we thought it was not really matter. Yet, surprisingly the one that came up at that night was not a taxi but the marvelous car. I forgot the name, but it did not look like taxi! From the story of the driver when we explored Lampung by visiting our friends, we knew that taxi was not that much included the other public transportation, but marvelous car of taxi existed in the late night.

Sadly, our friends should delay the meeting of discussion and test right after we arrived. We felt so sad and dissappointed of course, and decided to have a walk to go back. Only two girls in the late night walked together in the road of Lampung without knowing the direction. Yet, it was quitely interesting. We found some heroic monument near the market and trying to guess it. We almost felt hopeless because we could not find where the hotel we live in Lampung until we find out the signal of Hotel for about 10 meters.

In the next following days were all about the competition in Universitas Lampung. We only had night to explore some foods there. It was Nasi Padang and KFC we found there, near the Hotel.

In the last day, we were accompanied by Nadya's relatives. We were invited in the restaurant, I forgot the name but it was in the middle of the city with a huge of foods were served.

In the morning, we were explored the shops to buy the gift. It was Pisang cokelat we bought the most as the identity of Lampung. We also bought some elephant's accessories for keys in which elephant was also identical to the city.

It was fun to visit Lampung and that's o really memorable to see lots of siger inside the city. Looking forward to have chances to go there again.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About thetravelicious

in front of Soedirman Monument with Malang Delegations

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.