Existing Member?

Cheesy Days in Paris

Understanding a Culture through Food - 4 Parisian Days with 4 Fromage

TURKEY | Thursday, 18 April 2013 | Views [388] | Scholarship Entry

From the very first moment that I go on a first trip, I have always believed that every city has its own scent and this time I had found myself in a dizzy and cheesy “Carnaval de Paris”.

After the exhausting journey, my nose took me out to recover myself in the garishness of Bleu d'Auvergne. It was a pungent start at first then I realized the feel of creamier taste through my mouth and finished my enlightenment with strong herbal relaxation. This blue feeling encouraged me to smell the appetizer way of life in Champs Elysees. Wisely, the origin of luxury and history interlocked in the Penicillium Glaucums and negotiated with a bold flavor red wine to fix me.

Second day, I woke up to taste history in a piece of Camembert. This soft sensation in my mouth hung out with its own kind and drove me to a very famous Dali painting. At this bright side of surrealism, I questioned my persistence of memory in gothic “Cite” of Paris. I experienced the bland manner of Camembert in reflections of Seine, crusty bites in Notre Dame gargoyles and a sense of ammonia attacks in the streets of Napoleon. That night, I slept around the clock to get over all the feelings that came instantly.

Next day in the afternoon, I decided to sample Mimolette in the revolutionary streets of Paris. Between calm orange flesh color and porous grey crust, I totally experienced the pain that is taken in discrimination process. I imagined myself in long aging fights and reached its amazing nutty taste with a bit touch of an acidic red wine. That’s when its golden age starts in me like the emancipation of Bastille.

On my last day, I wanted to consider myself as an artist and finished my cheesy trip with deathlessly caramelized Comte in the heart of La Bohéme, Montmartre. In this house of art; awe-inspiring fruity and salty harmony of tastes shuffled my emotion of chill out, fate and awareness. After covering myself with this brittle experiment, I burst with the excitement of tasting it in a fondue in this intimate hill top. In a minute, I was perfectly dancing in a famous cabaret with a dry white wine in my hand. Cheeses Christ!

Next morning when the boarding was announced, I imagined my map of perception; walked along the Champs Elysees in a dessert, elaborated the historical Cite in an appetizer Camembert plate, explored Bastille in a baguette and photographed Montmartre with a fondue. When I came back home, I had the bliss of discovering uncharted flavor paths in my brain.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About thescent


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.