Existing Member?

my journey

My inspiration

JORDAN | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [142] | Scholarship Entry

I'll never forget the first day my uncle told me that we will travel to Petra. We were all excited and enthusiastic. Petra is one of the seven wonders, but we didn't have the chance to visit it before. I started preparing for this trip, bringing snacks, buying a sun glass and writing riddles for making a small contest on the bus. We started off at 4 am. We were about fifty people including children. We were all one family. On the bus we sang, danced and solved the riddles. Once we arrived there, we walked across along path called “Siq". When I was walking through this path, I looked up and found two huge mountains split. I asked myself how genius those people were to build such an incredible, great path. It is unusual because in the past, the enemies could not conquer the city of Petra through the Siq. Then, when we reached the end of the path, an incredible and impressive scene was waiting for us. It was the scene of a huge building sculpted in the rocks called the “Treasury." I wondered if this building was built by real people like us. When you first look at it, you think that it is a portrait hanged on a wall. It is said that people of Petra kept their gold and precious treasures inside it. After we stopped and ate our lunch, we continued to walk until we reach caves sculpted in the mountains. These caves were the houses for the people who inhabited this city. After that, we climbed a long stair which led us to a place called the “Court." In this place we were stunned by the amazing mix of colors like pink and purple in the wavy walls. Then, we walked into the theater which was built using the Roman style in building their theaters. They used it to make concert and to wrestle like the ones Romans did in the Colosseum. In Petra, you cannot imagine that all these sculpted tall buildings were built by human beings because of the greatness and the accuracy of the buildings. At the end of the day, we felt sad as much as happy because this was the end of our trip to one of the greatest cities in the word which is truly deserve to be one of the seven wonders in the world.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About theroadofsuccess


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Jordan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.