Existing Member?

Reggae on the Rocks- Through Local Eyes

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 11 October 2012 | Views [237] | Scholarship Entry

We want this film to show who we really are: two happy, easygoing girls with a knack for getting ourselves into random situations. No matter where we travel, we usually make new friends, have grand adventures, and discover much more about our destination through the stories of locals.

We recently developed a website called The People You Meet project as a way to inspire other travelers to seek local adventure. The basis of the website is a series of three minute video guides to a destination told through the eyes of the people who call it home. This next year we plan to film, edit, and produce a majority of the guides as we travel through Australia and South East Asia. The website will not be launched until November, but it is live (www.thepeopleyoumeet.in).

While we both have experience with professional editing software, film, and backgrounds in digital media, we have much room to grow. We need to learn. We NEED professional direction. The mentorship would help us refine our filmmaking skills so that the content on The People You Meet can be brought to the next level. Our potential is enormous and this opportunity would be unbelievably beneficial to our growth as filmmakers.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About thepostgrads


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.