Existing Member?

We Have Found the Way This is our travel journal which will highlight and show photos of our adventures!

Canadian Rockies - Icefields Parkway Part 1

USA | Tuesday, 30 May 2017 | Views [431]

Pretty Mountain view

Pretty Mountain view

The Icefields Parkway is ranked as one of the best drives in the world.  It lived up to its reputation for us.  It was amazing! In fact, one writer said – it’s a life-changing alpine journey into the very soul of Mother Nature.  That statement sums it up pretty good.  It is a drive that is in the Canadian Rockies between the towns for Banff and Jasper.  It is comprised of a wildlife, mountains, glaciers, and falls.  I don’t know how many hundreds of photos that I have taken this week. 

When we decided to make the trip, we knew were coming early in the season.  The peak season is late June, July and August.  We knew that it was probably going to still be cool/cold and that things could still be frozen.  However, the view of the mountains with the snowcaps was something that we wanted to experience and what an experience it has been.  It is hard to describe in words.  I think my camera does a much better job than me.  Check out the photos that are with the blog and posted on facebook.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.