Existing Member?

We Have Found the Way This is our travel journal which will highlight and show photos of our adventures!

Spent the day in South Dakota

USA | Friday, 26 May 2017 | Views [208]

A beautiful photo of a pronghorn in Custer State Park

A beautiful photo of a pronghorn in Custer State Park

We have spent today in South Dakota.  We made it to Mitchell, SD last night; got up this morning and drove across South Dakota to Rapid City.  We didn't stop at the badlands because we had already seen them.  One of the things we did not have a chance to do when we were here a couple of years ago was Custer State Park.  So, we drove to Rapid City and then headed toward Custer State Park.  We took the Wildlife Loop through the park.  We got to see ALOT of wildlife in the park.  Once we finished, we headed toward Keystone where Mount Rushmore is located.  We did not go inside the park (it was pouring rain by this time and we had been here too).  We did stop at the pullouts and got the profile view of President Washington and then a full on view of all of the Presidents.

We went back to Rapid City, had dinner, and then headed toward Belle Fourche to spend the night. 

Hope you enjoy the photos. 

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.