Existing Member?

In Japan

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [168] | Scholarship Entry

I spend a lot of time with kids and though it's great (read: pays the bills) I really need to change gears sometimes. I love going to the festivals in Japan because they have one in my area pretty much every weekend! My need to tell stories, both tall and true has been with me my whole life. I started to channel that into making movies in early high school and took that passion with me all the way to join the inaugural class of Cinema Majors at VCUarts. A few months after graduation I landed a job that would take me about as far as you can go before you start coming back, Japan. For now it's the place I call home and where I work, daily, to explore new place. My ambition with these videos is to make people laugh, think, and above all, yearn, the way I do, to go somewhere new. This scholarship will give me the chance to do just that in a country I once called my home for five months. I want viewers to laugh and smile with the people of Brazil as they prepare for the biggest celebration of the year. I've got about three and a half languages in me, thousands of miles behind me, a passport with WAY too many blank pages, and a cinema degree. Let me take you to Brazil!

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About theonlysarab


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.