Existing Member?

The journey that has ony just begun

Koh Samui - day4

THAILAND | Saturday, 11 April 2015 | Views [141]

Well I am back again, me and this really hard to use keyboard ( thanks amazon) still inKoh Samui and still not really done much. Ihad a bit of a moment last night. I decided to be adventurous and go exploring down the beach.I had got up early to watch a sunrise and walk along the beachm, so thought walking again at sunset would be lovely. And in fairness it was. Its just a bit difficult walking when you dont have an end point and ive maybe got a little scared reading books and the copper in me says "oh be careful" - so i ended up eating at this lovelybeah side hotel called Samui Jasmine Spices. the table and chairs and the mood of the place reminded me of where my bestie Donna and Nat had there wedding meal - its was a beautiful setting, they even had a guy singing random 80's songs.So where I got all down about I dont know, i think maybe it was because as lovely as it was, i had no one to share that with.

Looking around it was happy couples or families, i definately know that i need to stick to the more low key places to eat in future.,

The food was amazing thoughm, I had fried pork in garlic and chillie and even ate the chillie, i nearly gave myself mouth ache though and the afterburrn from them - well I'm amazed I wasnt sat on the toilet all night, maybe I have a better digestive system than I was aware of!!

I also had a mango mojitho - sorry cant spell, but there was some kick to that i can tell you,.As if walking along a dark beach trying to look cool isnt hard enough, try it tipsy!!!!

 

So after having a word with myself last night and an extra beer, today has been lovely. I have again gone back to chilled and happy,if not a littlesweaty. I looked up today that it takes 2 weeks to aclimatise, so that means another 10 days of waking through the night like a hormonal woman going through the change - thats somwething to look forward to!!

 

So today has been part sunbathing and reading, i havent read a book this quick in so many years, Im a little gutted nowthat harry holes out of my life.I have however decided I need to start getting someaction going.

So I have decided I will learn to scuba dive, just waiting back on a cpuple of answers but I am going to Koh Tao next week - boom to that shizzle eh!!!!

Ive also decided that in the spirit of being healthier and more to savew money I have gone back to the ecig - its not going great mainly cos the bloody tip bit broke off earlier so I was fretting thinking what can I do, however clevermehaving packedeverythig possible bar the kitchen sink has found two extra adapters. So peace is resumed once more.

 

I still havent really spoke to anyone yet, maybe this traveller vibe is not what i thought, however maybe its me and not wanting to talk just yet.,

I do feel like a partial monk or something having not spoken properly to anyone other than through tezxt or to order food or my now beloved cheng for a few days.

Im sure tis will happen though and actually I quite like being alone, it makes me think for myself,mrather than follow a croud.

Although one plus of having a mate is that at least they can rub sun screen on your back, although I think travelling alone makes you more adapatable to situations. Other than wishing I had tried yoga to be more flexible, however failing that I have now started using my shampoo bottle to try and cover those hard to reach places.

 

Anyway it appears my place is closing early tonight and so i need to shut up shop for tonight - that is a good excuse but also Ihave very little else to talk about, so until next time xx

Tags: day 4

About thelisajaynecronicles


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.