Existing Member?

Happiness In Poverty

Happiness In Poverty. [Two Weeks In Uganda.]

UGANDA | Tuesday, 18 August 2015 | Views [171] | Scholarship Entry

I'm a 17 Year-Old Film-Maker/Photographer, from Northern Ireland. My life, up to when I was 16, was filled with a lot of sadness. Depression, getting bullied, and Autism/Tourettes/ADHD. My life was at an all time-low, with what I thought was uncertainty, just around the corner. It then dawned on me. There's a world out there to explore, one filled to the rim with amazing culture, inspirational people, and breathtaking beauty. I was inspired to promote and share my newly developed happiness across the world. My Dad and I booked ourselves to Ontario, exploring the beautiful province over a week. I realised a few months later, happiness is all around, it's everywhere, and it's up to me to find it for myself, across the globe. I signed myself up to Volunteer in Uganda, to provide happiness to those out there where it's difficult to find it. What those kid's taught me was unexplainable, it was so inspiring. What the opportunity would give me, is the chance to provide, and receive happiness in another beautiful location. I will dig into the culture, surround myself in opportunity, and meet all the inspiring humans in Columbia. There are no more words for me to describe how much this would mean to me. Thank-you so much, and have a great day.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About thehewittcollective


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Uganda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.