Existing Member?

The Wonderful Trip

The Wonderful Trip

THAILAND | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [191] | Scholarship Entry

It was an early afternoon at Chiangmai’s central bus station. The sun was strong but there were still some chilling wind. I enjoyed the breeze and headed to a ticket counter. Better go by van, it always takes less time, that what I thought.

What time is the next van to Tha Ton? In an hour from now, a lady at the ticket counter replied. Seriously! I did not want to hang around that long and I do not want to go by bus. Before I figured out what should I do, the lady suddenly added, you should take a bus. It is leaving now!
Without thinking, I jumped into the bus. Two minutes later I said to myself, can't believe I'm doing this!!

The bus was old, covered with stain and dust. The model was same as the one I took to school twenty years ago. Fans and windows were broken, chairs were uncomfortable hard. It did not seem to be a safe and pleasant trip. But, when I looked around, other passengers seemed to know this bus would take them to the planed destination. It should be okay, I told myself.

The road led us away from the city. Concrete buildings slowly changed to small wooden houses. Threes were more intense. Leaves were fresh with different shades of green. Wild flowers showed up with all colours I could imagine about. This road led us into a forest.

I still enjoyed the cooling wind. Amazed by the beautiful scenery, I skipped the plan to take a nap. Our bus drove up hills, leaved curves and cliffs behind. Small villages passed by. At every stop, there were joyful faces of people who met their love ones. Kids came along to greet this huge vehicle. I smiled as it brought back some memories. I also liked doing this when I was a kid.

Time passed by. It was a peaceful trip until I felt the cold. No… it was freezing cold!

I noticed it was getting dark. The temperature went down and the broken window could not hide me from the cold wind. My fingers were numb. I was nervous.

I did not enjoy the view anymore, only hoped next stop would be my destination. Few villages passed by but mine was yet to come. I was stress. I should have taken the van.

The bus continued her slow pace. I was too tired to think about more complain. Suddenly and old sign came into my sight ‘‘Tha Ton’’. Finally arrived!! I cheerfully flew out from the bus. That lovely guesthouse must be mine! I grabbed the luggage, was ready to go. Hold on! I forgot something.

I turned to the bus. She looked peaceful under the light of sunset. ‘‘Thank you for the wonderful trip’’, I said to her.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About thegracetrip

Cambodia 2014

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.