Existing Member?

Growing Wings

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 13 October 2012 | Views [415] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

It’s easy to find peace in postcard-perfect vistas. Challenge is, when you have to sift and pan for tiny golden moments of beauty in chaos. Our film attempts to discover the small hyper-local details in a bustling city like Chennai, India, that could easily be missed by a tourist. It also captures the conversations with locals that lend meaning to the journey. A country of 1 billion people has more than a billion stories in its every nook, if only you stop, and care to listen.
Mrudhula and me went to a media college together where she learnt audio-visual communication and I studied journalism. While she can start conversations with anyone under the sun, I enjoy asking questions, listening and compiling stories of people. So combined, we make a great team!
Our film-making experience consists of a couple of short documentaries and travel videos in college. Mrudhula also has some experience with working on TV advertisement shoots. We're determined to follow our ambition of telling stories about an eclectic mix of people and places as this gives us unending joy. This scholarship would be a HUGE opportunity for us, as we set out to learn the ropes in the travel film-making industry.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

Comments

1

Overwhelmed by the support we've been receiving on our youtube channel. Thanks everyone! :)

  theglowingfireflies Oct 15, 2012 7:05 PM

About theglowingfireflies


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.