Existing Member?

Legendary Travelers

The dream of India comes to life

INDIA | Monday, 13 January 2014 | Views [308]

In September,  I shared my dream of visiting India. Without any feverishness or restlessness, I thought how nice would it feel to dress it in words and share it with people that would find themselves in every word of mine. Now, I am beyond happy to share with you that this dream is about to come true. About a month after I shared on this journal, we had another visitor from India. He is an Ayurvedic doctor that travels around different European countries, plays electric guitar and sings like a rock star and is hopelessly in love with Italian pesto sauce. In his words, he could eat even shoe laces with basil pesto sauce. So, one night we took him to his favorite Italian restaurant to hav his pesto sauce, and while we wee merrily eating delicious food and talking sweet nothigs, he said: "Hey, my sister is getting married in January. Why don't you come for the  celebration?" Yes, it would be so great, we agreed in the spirit of hospitality but without giving much weight to our words. "No, really, I'm seroius!Why don't you come!?" And as if he didn't just drop a canon ball on us, he continued to give his undevided attention to his second order of a wonderful pasta pesto while our looks strayed somewhere in the vast space, our minds filled suddenly with a screaming, jumping, ecstatic monkey. Yes, that's exactly how it felt and from that moment on, we could not get rid of this cheeky monkey. "Listen, monkey, we can't just go to India like that! We don't have the money for it, we are not prepared and we just have so many things to do now! We cannot just up and leave! Ah, what do you know, you stubborn mind monkey!" And then, what happened and how it came to be I can't quite grasp it yet but someone offered to lend us some money, I got fired from my job, my friend was so stressed at his big citybjob and big city life that we decided an executive action is needed here! And here we are, leaving for Istanbul and then Mumbai in two days! Yes, we had to sell many things we loved and it is a bit sad that, since we are on a very tight budget, I will be going on a trip for the first time without a camera or my faithful fellow traveller and photographer on duty, Smaranda, who has to stay back and plan her wedding for July, but still, what an amazing gift life has offered us! And I only hope that all you, lovely wandering souls, would be here to share the journey, even if it is only through the paintings of my words!

Never forget how much this universe loves you! You are part of that infinity and it longs to be part of you! So give it a chance and believe in your dreams and it wouldn't hurt to write a wish letter to the universe, you know, to help it out a little, sometimes it's confused about what it is we really want. Write to the universe, the divine or whatever you may wish to call it.  Share it here or tuck it away safely amongst the paper roads of your favorite book. It will listen and give! 

About thefoodpilgrims


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.