Existing Member?

A 'place' I Have Visited

A 'Place' I have Visited

USA | Friday, 5 July 2013 | Views [195]

            If there is anything I am, it is a storyteller.   My favorite stories are not told using pen and paper though; they are narrated through imagery.   Unlike the written word a photograph allows a person to peek into the rare, details of life.  Cameras allow us to transcend time, and immortalize memories. 

            A photo of my Spanish host family around the dinner table brings me back; and once again I can hear their laughter, see their smiles, and smell the wine on their breath.  This is my goal.  To, quite literally, still life; so I can relive it, so I can share it.  The Jimenez Family graciously opened their home, and shared their story with me.  I became family.  I joined their story, and it became our story.  I long to capture this phenomena of humanity and share our stories. 

            These images reflect my passion for the human experience—how we, as humanity, tap into our senses to form a perspective about the world around us.  I listen to the smaller details in life—the ones that reveal the most intimate story of ‘place’—the family-centric culture, the eloquent language, and centuries old history.  Spain is more than just a place.  It, too, is a rich story, waiting to be told—waiting to be photographed. 

            I long to tell these stories of the human experience.  I aspire to curate culture like Joseph Campbell, contextualize imagination like Grace Coddington, and develop a signature style like Ansel Adams.  But I need help.  I need far more experience.  And most of all, I need a mentor. 

 

Cheers, 


Zach

Tags: #wnphoto #wnessay #aplaceihavevisited #vivaespana

About thefearlesspereles


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.