Existing Member?

The EXPEDITION Project

Origins of a World Nomad - Part 2

SOUTH AFRICA | Wednesday, 26 October 2011 | Views [280]

Part 2:
The epiphany I had had which resulted in ‘The EXPEDITION Project’, helped me in many ways. It helped me get back on my feet first of all, but mainly it helped me find the soul I was looking for in myself and the dreams and aspirations I had once had. Now all of a sudden I had ambition again. But not your usual kind of ambition, I didn’t even really worry at first if anything would come of the new venture – I was doing it for me and for my very being. But soon the businessman in me started finding ways to make it a dream, journey and a viable opportunity – in all senses of the words.
We are all selfish whether we like it or not, and this dream and project is no different. But in helping others I am helping myself, I am learning and giving, educating and experiencing. Is that what life is all about.   
I now decided to bring all my passions into one place. Not just a few of them, but all of them. The EXPEDITION Project was to become a vehicle, pardon the pun, of my soul, my visions, my dreams, my loves and my goals. I would aim to live out all my passions and fears in one go and in doing that become a better person. And hopefully create fantastic sustainable business along the way.
So there I was starring, looking and dreaming. Hoping that it would all become clear and I would find the answer I was looking for. As I looked at the nearby mountains I began staring at a valley and I saw a direction into the sun, the light. I had chosen my path to get to where I was now, I, and only me needed to choose my path back out! 
Life is not a straight line, it is like a forest, and it is very easy to lose your way, to forget where you came in. I had forgotten everything and I didn’t know where I was. But the forest that was once so clear and free of mist had turned so dark, but it was showing me the way out, the way past all the obstacles, the rocks and fallen down trees, the wild animals and the voices in the wind. Now all I could see was a valley in front of me with a mountain to climb and a light to reach. My soul was free again, my heart still frail. But I was following a new compass, the direction. And this is only the beginning…

Tags: beginning, dreaming, expedition

About theexpeditionproject


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.