Existing Member?

The Misadventures Of Seinor Malo Just little tid-bits of good places, good food and good adventres.

Want not waste not

ECUADOR | Tuesday, 6 February 2007 | Views [385]

Ok I am awake once more.  How about you?  Morning brings free time to go explore some more.  So I join up with Tracy to go to the museum of the Banco De Central.  A rather interesting museum covering culture and history of Ecuador.  We did manage to bump in to Liz and Stein(Denmark)in the beginning of the museum for about 20 seconds then we lost them some where between the pictures of past heroes and executed leaders.  Unfortunately at the entrance I had to give up my camera as photos were not allowed in the main part of the museum.  What a shame.  I would have loved to have some photos of the shrunken heads display.  I tried to get one as a souvenir.  The guards didn't like that.  What a shame I only wanted one it's not like I was going to take all of them.  After a couple of hours in the museum it was off to get food and meet the group.  We were supposed to meet up with some of the others to check out the old church and then do lunch.  Well, with the aid of bad communication we were on the wrong side of the central square in front of the wrong church.  That's really bad considering we all speak English.  After 30 minutes of waiting around in the area Tracy and I assumed was correct our stomachs took over and forced us in to a cafe.  Oh well, Tracy and I had a lovely lunch of empanadas for me and a vegetarian sandwich for her at a little cafe called El Oso just off the square.  Noon time rolled around and so did the time to head back get our bags and catch a flight to Quito.  So it's back to the hostel.  Which by the way was very nice just don't eat there.  It will clean you colon I was told.  So once again the herd is off in a swarm of taxis to hop a flight back to Quito for a quick over nighter.  The million dollar question: What to do with the left over bottle of rum.  If I pound the remaining half bottle I probably won't be allowed to get on the plane.  It's a sin to through away perfectly good rum.  So what to do?  I hear and knock at the door of my room and who should arrive just in time.  The maid, problem solved one soon to be drunk maid....

 

Ok so back in Quito and back to the hotel Rio Amazonas.  I am glad to have take the 30 min flight instead of a 12 hour bus ride.  Especially since the toilets on the buses here are reserved for the women only.  The men and number 2's are not allowed on the bus.  Well, it's time to boogie I've got a hot date I don't want to keep her waiting.  It's party time once again....

Tags: Sightseeing

About thebauerguy


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.