Existing Member?

Life happening to Me Live Life Lovingly Listen

The Adventure unfolds....

MOROCCO | Saturday, 8 August 2009 | Views [3370]

Not much in terms of discoveries has happened since my 3hour internet session yesterday, however you may recall that a big purpose of mine for visiting Agadir was to check out if a lift on a sailing boat was possible from there to get to Canaries.  My other options were others to fly back via Spain....not what I wanted.

see map of laayoune

In the mean time I was going to head south, as far south as made sense given the probability that I would have to make my way back up.

FLASH NEWS UPDATE:  I no longer have to travel back up. There is a town called Laayoune in the Western Saharan Province of Morocco [apparently crawling with military, as this area of Morocco is in dispute with neighbouring Mauritania].  The good news is that there is a little airport there.  I managed to call them this morning and to my question "Is there is service to Las Palmas, Canary Islands" the answer was "oui".  They gave me a number....it loooked like a cel phone number?!  I call.  Someone answers.  He understands French but prefers Spanish to talk.  He has a funny accent even in Spanish (maybe its the Canaries accent - who knows).  There is noise in the background.......I'm guessing I'm connected directly with the pilot......yup!.....AND they have a DAILY service to Canaries!  Timely information and service worthy of first world enterprise.  What kinda airplane are we going to be flying....don't know....don't want to know until I see it.  Ooh and the booking process is easy: hard cash on arrival....to watch this space!  So there it is, I can venture deep, DEEP into the southern parts of Morocco that only but the few, the military, the Laayouneese or those destined for Mauritania would bother to go to.

WEATHER AND MOOD FORECAST: I anticipate a WARM and SANDY few days ahead, with spells of draught and a 80% chance of dromadary heard signting.

 

About thebagelbarn


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Morocco

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.