Existing Member?

Ganesh celebration in Mumbai - Desi Style - What you may not find in the guide books!

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [135] | Scholarship Entry

Khetwadi's back lanes are not in most popular guide books, as they do not have a swanky restaurant or a culture shop nearby, but during Ganpati festival, it’s a cultural powerhouse by itself! It’s almost like injecting the city with an extra dose of adrenaline

Susanna has made short films as a part of the Masters degree, and very keen on direction and research.

Ruhie has volunteered for a documentary filmmaking project four years ago, where she assisted the producer during the shoot. It was shooting an 18-year-old boy in Hampi, Karnataka for an entire day.

Susanna:

This scholarship would open doors for me into the world of professional filmmaking. I have always dreamt of creating a documentary, which throws light on social issues, but at the same time capturing the local spirit of the place.

I will take away the experience and skills that will equip me for a professional life.

Ruhie:

As a presenter, I will have the opportunity to share my perspective with the rest of the world. Culture and travel go hand in hand, and there are many people who make travel documentaries, but for me it’s important to absorb the energy of the place and reflect it in front of the camera.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About thebabblingsisterhood


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.