Existing Member?

The_Adventure_Of_The_Crazy_Budget_Traveller Little money. Lots of Ideas. Bring on the Travelling :) !!!

Neemrana - Where it all began.

INDIA | Tuesday, 7 April 2009 | Views [338]

Neemrana.

Location- Rajasthan, India.

Time of Visit- 26th January,2007.

Neemrana, will always hold a special place for me. The love for researching and reading about a place before actually getting there, materialized in my life for the first time with Neemrana.

I went to Neemrana in my first year of college and before that I was in a boarding school. So holidays were mostly spent going home to meet my parents and travelling to either meet my grandparents or to places my parents decided.

It was only once i started studying in Delhi, that i could actually read about a place, fall in love with it and then visit it.

Neemrana is a Royal fort in Rajasthan. We toured the entire fort and I in particular loved the amhpitheatre there and the several underground passages could transport anyone to another era all together.Apart from the fort there exists an ancient step well. The middle of which has completely fallen through. Along with a bunch of 5 friends,we actually walked along the edges of the now broken well. One wrong step and the remains of  old granite and marble waited for us, nine stories below.

It was republic day that day and we stood there while the Indian Flag fluttered on rooftop of the Neemrana Fort. Feeling patriotic and being proud of ourselves for having taken this journey, 6 of us stood still while the sun gradually sank into the horizons. The sign that it was time for us to return home and look forward to a new day,a new beginning with lots more travelling.

Tags: day trips

About the_nomadic_backpacker


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.