Existing Member?

Egyptian Travels

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [565] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

We chose Alexandria as our subject matter because of its location on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea and unique culture and communities. Alexandria is also closely associated with our childhood’s summer vacations, so we wanted a video that would reflect our enthusiasm and fond memories for the city.
My film making experience is limited to directing two independent short movies and filmed one. All of these projects are part of a 9 month filmmaking workshop that I am attending on scholarship at the Association for Scientific and Cultural Renaissance. My partner, Seif El Din, is a junior at the German University in Cairo’s Faculty of Applied Sciences and Arts majoring in Multimedia Design. He directed two short movies as part of his course work. He also shot an independent poetry recital video.
My ambition as a filmmaker is to produce documentaries about current events that accurately portray the feelings of the people that participated in those events. My short term project is to film a documentary examining China’s economic involvement in Africa. Seif wants to create a series of documentaries that promote tourism in Egypt’s different states.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

Comments

1

lovely footage

  jamieoliveira Oct 15, 2012 4:23 PM

About the_jokster


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.