Existing Member?

Carl and Beccy Haines Carl and Beccy Haines are off for a whole year to travel the world!

Crazy Bangkok..!

THAILAND | Friday, 16 November 2007 | Views [378] | Comments [2]

Hey everyone,

Well we've made it to Thailand after a brief trip into mainland China!  We left Hong Kong on Wednesday evening and caught the train to Lo Wu which is the last stop before the border... We already had our visa for mainland China so went through immigration and finally made it out the other end... Nearly got stung by a rip off taxi driver who offered to take us to the airport because "there are no more buses today" but we didn't fall for it and found a fab little mini van which took us all the way to Shenzhen airport.  Air asia is as good / or as bad / as Easy Sweat but we made it to Bangkok safely at 01:15!!  We had decided that we would try and kip at the airport rather than fork out 75 squid for a room and so we did... Carl stayed awake all through the night but I made a little bed for myself and had a snooze!  At 0800 we caught the aiport shuttle to the Khao San Road... and here we are!  We've checked in to the same guest house that we stayed in last time and I have to say it is a bit weird being back here.. nothing much has changed...  We spent yesterday catching up on little snoozes during the day and getting ourselves re-acquainted with the local beers...!  Today we went to Jim Thompson's house, he introduced Thai Silk to the Western World and had THE most incredible house here in Bangkok.  We had some food in the bar there and then caught the local canal river taxi back to near the hostel.  Woweee!  Was it fun!  Pretty fast and wet too!

So, tomorrow we'll spend more time in Bangkok and then we'll catch the overnight bus on Sunday up to Chiang Rai which is only a few hours to the border of Laos...

We'll be back in touch soon. Mr and Mrs H xxx

Tags: Bangkok

Comments

1

Hey there,


Great to ehar what you've been up to! Am very jealous Beccy - BBC is missing you!!



Lots of love,

Louisa

  Louisa Nov 17, 2007 4:02 AM

2

More pictures!!

Laos is great, make sure you go tubing in Vang Vieng. And there is an amazing food market in Luang Prabang!

xx

  Laura Nov 19, 2007 8:16 AM

About the-haines-rtw


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.