Existing Member?

The portriats of the world, taken by my hands

The portrait of the world, taken by my hands

THAILAND | Sunday, 17 October 2010 | Views [312]

Someone said the best guidebook on earth is your own instinct and I always wanted to give it a try. In my second trip to India, I decided not to plan anything in advance. I hopped on the bus that I have no idea where it was heading to, spin a coin to decide which direction I should go or close my eyes and pointed it out from the map. It was amazing to see how far my instinct could take me to; a hot dryness of Rajasthan, a green valley of Kinnuar, a snow-capped peaks of Spiti, a little piece of Tibet in Dharamsala or the holiness of Amritzar. Without certain destinations to concentrate on, the beauty of everything in between seemed to stand out. And by spending more time with people, I felt like I was one of the Indians!

My parents said I was born to be a traveler and I started it even since I was too little to carry my backpack steadily. I am always excited to go out exploring and taking pictures even though I have no background on photography at all. From my point of view, it is not only the skills that make pictures nice but also the feeling of being connected to the place and the people. It is not only pictures I am looking for, but also the connection between the place, people and me. I hope that if I have an opportunity to learn and practice my photography skills with an expert, I will be able to take pictures that will tell people how wonderful our world is, how much we are connected, and how much efforts is needed to keep it the wonderful way it is.

Tags: india, portraits, trekking

 

About thapanon


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.