Existing Member?

Adventures of Thailand

Thailand Adventure

THAILAND | Tuesday, 21 April 2015 | Views [160] | Scholarship Entry

Seeing a mother holding her five-month old baby on the back of a motorcycle, i can describe Thailand in three words. Fearless is the first, not only do people jump on the back of truck beds going 70mph, but the dogs, cats and monkeys roam the streets independently. The second word is vibrant. I realised living in Sydney my whole life has prevented me from seeing nature's beauty and diversity. Thailand you would not come across gum trees and similar houses with freshly cut grass and flowers planted in rows. Thailand, you see different flowers with every step, plants are wild, not placed and planted in a certain spot and the sun setting behind the silhouetted mountains.
Beautiful, that is the third word. Colour, shades of purples, pinks, reds and oranges cannot escape one's sight. The scenery is striking, but another type of beauty in Thailand is within the mentality of the people. Smiles are seen more often and people mind their own business rather than pry into the lives of others. Thailand is a place of fearless action, vibrant surroundings and inescapable beauty. The waterfalls, multiple beaches, feeling of being free, the differential of every suburb, is breath-taking. Fearless, vibrant and beautiful is my first impression of Thailand.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About thailandpart1


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.