Existing Member?

The beauty of the world we live in

Memories not to be forgotten

SOUTH AFRICA | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [112] | Scholarship Entry

I was born in a village Called Mapapila in South Africa in a Province called Limpopo. I spent my first four years there and from there we moved to Giyani in the same province but in a location this time . I started school properly in Giyani . and I will never forget my primary school years . I met so many great people and made memories that even on this day I will never forget. When i got to our new location I went to Pre-school for 2 years and in 1999 that is when I started primary. On my first day to School my , Not knowing so many people my dad decided to drop me off at the gate of my new school and go to work . with me I had a not so empty back pack that had a lunch box and being so young and looking at when I started primary school my dad gave me two rand which then was worth for packets of chips or 20 sweets .I got lucky to have one of the gardeners at my school to show me the class I was supposed to go to as a grade 1 student .I stepped into a class room which was packed and the arrangement was in a groups of four manner. The teacher that was currently in that class welcomed me to a chair that was owned by a girl who had left class to go and use the toilet. When she returned she demanded her sit , out of embarrassment and guilt I dropped a tear. To save me from all the drama , came another teacher who has enough space to accommodate me . I took time to adapt to the primary school life and meeting new faces that already knew each other . I got place on a desk with a girl that had been there weeks before me . When I thought I adapted and coping , the girl I sat next to started a trend of checking my lunch box ever morning when I came to class . From home everyday my mom would prepare me lunch box, put in my bag along with two rand for me to buy sweets during our second break. For a period of one week, the trend of my neighbor checking my bag did not stop . on the second week of her habit , she then started taking my R 2 secretly without me knowing. I would notice during the second break when i wanted to use my money that money had been going missing ever since she started checking my bag. As shy ans scared as i was , I could not even confront her or ask her about it . this went on for about a week . Until one day when I decided to tell my mom about her , my om advised me to out my money in my shirt's pocket . and surprisingly she stopped checking my bag after she discovered that the money is never there . I will not forget my relocation stories.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About tess1s


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.