Existing Member?

Shutter Diaries 1.0

Celebrity treatment - a solo guest experience

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 14 June 2015 | Views [301]

A remote island setting located on 160-acre sanctuary surrounded by beautiful tropical gardens. Spending my days lazing on a daybed, wondering through lush rainforest and swimming in a private lagoon. Experiencing the laid back lifestyle in a nature lover's dream. It can't get any better than that right?

As I am escorted through the hotel lobby the staff offer warm greetings of welcome, the room key is presented and I am shown to my overwater villa.

I smile as I take in the ocean views, I begin to explore the private pool  and deck which gives me direct access to the ocean below.  The Resort Manger had earlier announced to me that I would be having an unique experience during my stay, I am the only guest for the next three days.  

Being a solo traveller has it's pros and cons, picking where and when you travel is always a benefit. I have been traveling for well over a decade, sometimes I travel with friends and family, but mostly I travel alone. In 2012 my trip was a solo experience and my second visit to Fiji. I had carefully calculated the best time to travel i.e. outside of school holiday, when the weather would be warm and I wanted to see more of Fiji so I made plans to fly to Vanua Levu, Fiji's second largest island.

My stay at Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa has been one of my top travel experience, along with the complimentary upgrade, I had a private activities guide, who would take me on new adventures each day. The restaurant chef would be waiting for me at meal time, he would wave, then duck into the kitchen to begin preparing my meal. I dining with the resort's owner who was visiting from America. I was also invited to attend the staff's Xmas party and joined the staff volleyball team who were compete in a local tournament in the local town of Savu Savu (from memory I think they won and were the best team on the island).  These are just of few of the many ways the staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome during my stay.

If you have any reservation of traveling solo, just do it, you never know what experiences you will having and the people you will meet until you try it. You may not be as lucky as I was to be a solo guest and receive all of the benefits that I had, but since my trip to Fiji I have had this experience for the second time.

Celebrities and people with a lot more money than I have, pay a fortune to have this experience when the travel. Has happen to you before? I would love to hear how your experience was.

Tags: fiji, korosunresort, sologuest, solotravel, upgrade

About terepictravels


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.