Existing Member?

Gap year 09

jungle

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 9 November 2009 | Views [261] | Comments [1]

so i spent the last week in huascila lodge near tena in the amazon basin. the jungle is amazing, we´ve done a fair bit of hiking through it already, seen some brilliant waterfalls, soooo many ants!! they are everywhere! seen some other bits of wild life too, monkeys, parrots :).

the lodge is really nice, with great food, a bit remote though, but i guess thats no bad thing. still struggling to come to terms with the heat though! its so so so hot, trying to work in it is just impossible sometimes! and then 5 mintues later you´ll be caught in the middle of the most amazing thunderstorm!!

last wednesday we all went caving....proper caving. following a river through the mountainsid, crawling and swimming our way through, got plastered in ´theraputic´ mud, and saw the most absurd and creepy looking creature ever, a scorpion spider, as big as a plate, no eyes, it lives in the caves....horrible thing.

yesterday i went white water rafting :). it was awesome fun, and only made better by the awesome surroundings, right through the middle of the jungle, some amazing views, especially as the sun was setting. we rafted our way to tener, the biggest town near us, were we stayed this weekend, had a bit of a night out for my birthday :) and then we´re off back to the jungle tody for three more weeks of hard work.

got a good couple more things planned for my time here, will keep you posted as and when i can.

x

the link for where im staying

http://huasquila.com/

Comments

1

No need to ask if you are enjoying yourself, birthday boy!
We are following your travels and can't wait to hear all about it....it sounds fantastic.
Hope you have/had a great birthday...it's going to take something to top this year!!!!
Happy birthday, take care & enjoy..
Sib, Tezza & Harvey

  Sib & Tezza Nov 9, 2009 10:32 PM

About tennantbella

me

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.