Existing Member?

Arabian discovery

Djanet

ALGERIA | Monday, 4 May 2015 | Views [113] | Scholarship Entry

Travelling around the world gives you the chance to discover and taste a lot, I have been abroad and I have been in love with so many places such as Timisoara in Romania, but there is one place that stole my heart and made my brain feel so free, it is the desert Djanet which is in the very south of my country Algeria.
Once at Djanet you would feel that you are actually in the middle of the desert, a magical stop at the springs to refresh yourself, already you know that after this water will be scarcer, and if you drive at night under a full moon you will definitely fall in love with the darkness of the sky decorated with the sparkling starts, the scene will be like in the westerns tumble weeds roll around in the breeze, the Adventure begins in the very early next morning, when you have to wake up on a very beautiful loud smooth manly voice calling you for the dawn prayer at 4 O’clock AM, you wake up thinking that streets will be empty and people will be still falling asleep, but then once you step out the door you will be astonished, Men running to the mosque to do the prayer they make time to feel peaceful, I also loved the fact that women wake up early for their duties however little kids play outside hide and seek in the very splendid Oases, I wore a long sleeves top with green shorts and sneakers I took a big bottle of water and I hit the road walking all the way to the dunes, I walked so many miles under that hot weather while the ground exhales an exquisite odor of dust heated by the sun, I rode a camel which seemed very entertaining and amusing, once I arrived there I had to climb it on my own, I was sometimes climbing and then falling down slipping! When I reached the highest peak I shouted and threw my whole body on the hot golden sand, it was about 7PM, almost the sunset! I washed my face with water and I kept on watching the sky, the sunset was one of the most unforgettable moments of my life, you see dunes everywhere to the point that you think that they are glued with the blue bright sky and the sun falling down inside the sands, I slept on my back and started staring at the sky getting darker and darker while the stars sparkling that feeling was so peaceful I took that plastic bottle of water and cut it, I put sand and a candle inside it and I lighted it, I stayed there all night long just my melting candle, my sky and I…till I fell asleep, then I suddenly woke up on the same smooth voice calling for the prayer again!

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About tema


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Algeria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.