Existing Member?

Earning a TEFL in Prague So, whats it like to earn a TEFL in the beautiful city of Prague in the Czech Republic? Well, I'm about to find out! Join me!!

Week 3

USA | Thursday, 24 July 2014 | Views [324]

Sure has been hard to keep up with homework on this TEFL course. I would give this tip to anyone looking into taking a TEFL. Pick one that lasts more then four weeks. There is so much work involved in this course that you litterly can't do anything else. And if your not planning to stay in country, then you won't have time to do anything but the course. Even your weekends will be swallowed by homework. 

     That being said, this was the first day I got out of class early enough to go and do something. So, I went a visited the military musuem on Zizkov hill. It was a pretty good museum. Has a T-34/85 out front. Some artillery pieces inside and a few bombs. The museum also featuered a few of the very rarest firearms. Pieces you won't find anywhere else. The German paratropers rifle was one of these. They also had an excelent collection of anti-tank rifles. Several of which are also very rare. They have a nice collection of aircraft cannons in display cases as well. The only complaint I have about this musuem is that while they do have plaques in English on all the exibits, the translations are very bad. So bad it looks like they used google translate or something. 

     After the musuem I climbed to the top of the hill and discovered a really big monument. In fact, it has the biggest equestrian statue in Europe. But the best part was that I was on top of a pretty large hill. The whole city was laid out below, and there was a very nice breeze. It was a very plesent place to spend a bit of time, just relaxing and taking in the views. After walking around there a bit I headed back down the hill, and the bells began to ring. They all began to ring at apx. the same time and I could hear them from all over the city. It was pretty cool, hearing the whole town ring. Prague is called "the city of spires" well thats do in large part to the number of churchs here. And almost all these churchs have nice bells in their bell towers. So, if your in Prague, take a trip to the Zizkov monument, and wait for the hour to strike. (I was there at 6pm/1800). Its a sound you won't soon forget!

Tags: aircraft cannons, anti tank guns, bells, firearms, military museum, prague, sights, t-34/85, tefl, zizkov

About teflprague


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.