Existing Member?

tedybear's journal

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - Journey in an Unknown Culture

INDONESIA | Friday, 25 February 2011 | Views [213] | Scholarship Entry

Very First Time into Metropolitan Jakarta

I was trembled melodiously in my seat on heading to our destination. In fact, we were four among the other passengers who did the same to us. The train railed slowly and chocked off from one depot to other depots. This condition caused a little grumbled in my face because I couldn’t put up with this journey. I even let a large number of sellers went around to sell their items frequently. What made me feel calm was only gazing outside the window. I lost in taught awhile. The crowd so silent in my ears. It was the first time to go to Jakarta where the most metropolitan city be and skyscrapers soared up high. I could say it as an ordinary villager into the metropolitan that would be too strange culture for me later on.
To be more frugal, we decided to stay at my mate house in Bekasi, not so far from Jakarta. We welcomed by the family hospitality, Indonesian exclusively characteristic. The house seemed teeming with modernistic fully-furnished. You could go up stair after walked through the living room that might be rarely seen in the village style housing. Our goods unloaded in the upper floor then off to bed earlier.
Next morning, we planned to traditional shoes market Taman Puring. We would not go by car but drove motorcycle to taste the real Jakarta. It was the first time and I felt such worried. On the way, my skin was getting burned gradually. Moreover, I worn shorts and it’s not used to be here. It was hotter than hell I thought. My white skin became striped. No!
Another strange behavior was the rarity of traffic police security patrol. I even seldom found them along the road in which led to traffic disorder. Everywhere, motorcycles and cars stopped off the traffic line when the red light on. While in the nightlife, many girls wandered to the club with tight-pants! Oh, they spurred my lungs!
Second day, we set out to Jakarta Old City, the historical site one. We couldn’t any longer drive motorcycle, but we went out by train. The weather higher inside and I stepped to take a seat beside the main entrance door. My hair was caressed by the dirt breeze coming closer to me. Not long afterward, the passengers swarmed around one by one till I had a breath trouble in my windpipe. Then, I looked outside and found many slums and contaminate ditch along the way. They were not shouldn’t be here. But, finally we came to the sites and having fun there and forgot we’ve through the day a moment. On our way home, I truly closed my eyes all along the road.
Last day, we went along by train again. During the way home, I disappointed due to metropolitan culture that all odds to me in my hometown. But I beautifully could hang out with some tight-pants girls, in my dream! We’re rocked on!

Tags: #2011writing, travel writing scholarship 2011

About tedybear


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.