Existing Member?

Tristan in Brazil.

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 14 October 2012 | Views [319] | Scholarship Entry

I found out about this scholarship only one day before the due date so I didn't have time to produce anything specifically for this purpose. Carnaval was inspired by the fact that I was lucky enough to participate in one and the fruit was chosen because my grandparents (nonno and nonna) are originally farmers and find this kind of thing interesting. I have limited filmmaking experience but do have extensive acting experience in community theatre and high school.

I think a lot of documentaries tend to accentuate stereotypes rather than challenge them, i.e. Colombia = drugs Peru = Incas etc. Latin America has an unparalleled wealth of cultural, environmental and political diversity and I'd love to expose lesser known aspects of this.

On two separate occasions I have spent 8 months doing volunteer work an impoverished community on the outskirts of Rio (I speak fluent Portuguese), however I have never been there during Carnaval! I'd love to include some people from this community, perhaps present the way they celebrate it, far from the glamour of the Sambodromo. Ideally, my video would focus on the individuals who make Brazil such an incredible and exciting place to visit.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About tcrisante


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.