Existing Member?

Varanasi: a holy city vignette

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [208] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

My travels in India were eye opening but the most profound tale was my time in Varanasi! To see the early morning Puja rituals to the hustle and bustle of the crowded narrow streets, to the captivating Aarti at night and the ever constant fires of cremating bodies along the banks of the great Ganges river has been like peeking into the life cycle of a human being in a single day. Varanasi is truly a holy city!

My name is Tavi Parusel & I am a young filmmaker living in Vancouver. I have had the great fortune to travel all over the world and have a passion for culture, travel, and sharing experiences. Last year I combined them all and made a short documentary about the 900 km Camino de Santiago pilgrimage which I walked with my brother. I also have been into acting for years!

My ambition as a filmmaker is create films that inspire, motivate and move people. I feel this scholarship would truly help tune my film skills as well as being able to present stories in an unique way. I would be deeply grateful to get this opportunity and would put my all into sharing this amazing event to the world in the most engaging way! I hope you consider me as I feel I am a real World Nomad!

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

Comments

1

Beautiful shots!

  jamieoliveira Oct 15, 2012 12:35 PM

About tavi


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.