Existing Member?

Local encounters

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 1 August 2010 | Views [666] | Scholarship Entry

- What inspired your subject matter?

This trip and local encounter has had a huge effect on the way i see the world and live my life. When i heard about this competition i considered other topics, but because this is so personal and important to me, it was the clear choice of subject matter for the theme.

- How did you plan your piece?

Firstly, i identified if the story fit the theme. I then wrote the main stages of the narrative (intro, background, middle, conclusion). I then collated all the visuals/sound that would match the story's content and be as engaging as possible. I spent a lot of time researching and filming footage from the internet. I wrote then the voiceover and practiced it many times.

- What challenges did you face?

I found out about this competition 9 days ago. So, I've (happily) worked nonstop on this in my free time since then. Making a short film in retrospect isn't easy, as you have to improvise and make do and with what footage you have. Unfortunately, I only have a small digital camera, so i would have loved to have done this with better quality.

- What is your ambition as a documentary maker?

I am passionate about communicating stories that matter; stories with the potential to inspire, educate, entertain and maybe even provoke personal change in other people's lives. I plan to continue making documentaries about people, places and events that i feel offer this potential. 



 

2. Replace the video url below with the url of the youTube movie for your application.

3. Click the 'Submit your scholarship application' button.

4. You're all done! Good luck with your application!

nb: You can edit your 200 word submission entry after you have clicked the 'submit' button below.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

About tasha


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.