Existing Member?

life is hip My motto is "you can't make a homerun, if you never play".

Mt Hua Shan

CHINA | Monday, 22 June 2009 | Views [641]

Mt. Hua Shan is located in the Shaanxi Province of China.  It is located 120 km from Xi'an. Mt Huashan is one of the five sacred mountains in China.

Mt. Hua is home to several influential Taoist temples where emperors of past dynasties made pilgrimages, making this mountain the holy land of Taoism. Many emperors came to pray and sacrifice to the God of Mt. Huashan. 
Huashan consists of five peaks (East- 2096.2 m, Middle, West- 2087 m, North- 1614.9 m and South- 2154.9 m).

Do you call it climbing or hiking? Well, I would definatelly say hiking, but a few bits were scary, so climing gear was definatelly needed. Maybe the way to describe the route would be to say Hard Core Hiking.

I was hiking with 2 nice guys from Finland. Both working in Beijing as expats. Jarno - 34 and Harri- 31.

The staying in a hotel by the West Peak. The hotel resembled the movie Shining! Empty, cold, spooky. The electrity went out and we ate outside by a terrace. A true candlelight dinner, heh.

Was it hard? well, at least my legs were shaking by the end of the day. See the photos in the photo gallery.

About tarub


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.