Existing Member?

Southeast Asia competition

My Scholarship entry - Understanding a Culture through Food

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 23 April 2012 | Views [141] | Scholarship Entry

India - a country with incomprehensible, mysterious and exotic culture. Indian identity is manifested in everything including the kitchen. The Indians are particularly relevant to food, it is sacred to them.

The basis of Indian cuisine to make vegetarian dishes of vegetables and beans.Very much in the traditional Indian spices. The most well known throughout the world spice curry. Rice - also very popular in Indian dishes.

What is the uniqueness of Indian cuisine? It reflects the complexity of culture and religious beliefs of Hindus, the ancient culture dishes manifest humanity. Cuisine of India is presented as a spicy dishes, and dishes with a delicate and mild flavor.As in any kitchen, diversity of flavors is achieved through the use of spices in Indian cuisine are in abundance. Indian spices are used as herbs, roots, seeds and bark of trees. You've probably heard of ginger, cinnamon, coriander and cumin. These spices birthplace - India. And also, this generous country has given the world many herbs: coriander and mint, curry leaves, turmeric.

Now let's talk about the main components of Indian cuisine, that we have learned from our trip. This, of course, rice, beans and wheat. Chapahi, roti, puhi, dosa - all these cakes from barley, millet, rice and wheat flour. They replace the usual European bread. Indian cuisine has its own pilaf (the pool). Preparing a dish from rice with vegetables. Also, the rice can be cooked for dessert. To do this, barley boiled in milk with sugar and sweet spices. In ice cream (kulfi) is traditionally added rose water, vanilla and crushed nuts.

A truly diverse in India vegetable dishes. Come to Indian land and not try Shack (fried green), sabdzhi (vegetable stew), stuffed vegetables with nuts and yogurt will be a real mistake!

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About taollinna


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.