Existing Member?

Best moments of life

Second home country

BELARUS | Sunday, 24 May 2015 | Views [235] | Scholarship Entry

Belarus is my second home country. Since my birth,all holidays I spend there. Last summer, I had to go back for one day to Kyiv to continue my study, so I decided to go there on the train by myself.
At 6 am, I arrived to Minsk. Luckily, the weather was gorgeous and I had met bright summer sun, which could not please after hard night on the train’s reserved seat. Walking a few meters, I saw extraordinary architecture, but most of all I was interested in the church. The red building immediately caught my eye. I decided to go around about it, and I was lucky to see a wonderful fountain with a statue in the middle of it. Here I decided to stop, in front of this magnificent view. Not knowing what else to do at this early hour, I plunged into the book “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus”, when I heard a sincere laughter of a few people. It turned out that a dog attracted so much attention. It looks quite large and very fluffy. This wooly bear decided to cool off in the fountain. His hair was wet, and therefore, it looked fun as droplets scattered from him when he was turning his head. I have managed to do a few photos before the dog ran on.
I tried to go back to thinking about the ideal relationship, and failed again, being disturbed by a signaling machine. Having raised my head, I saw that it had been a watering car approaching to me. The driver of which strongly beeped giving me to understand that he wasn't going to stop. The water from this vehicle scattered across the road, and caught most of lawn. I have realized that it was no where to escape. All I could think of was to stand behind the bench. I think you guessed that it hadn't saved me nary. After that I went to look for a new place to substitute this wet bench.
Due to the scorching sun, my clothes dried in few minutes. So I decided to go in McDonald’s. Thus, I had to use all the energy reserve that I won, so I went around a large part of Minsk, I saw many parks,a huge variety of monuments and fountains. Everything was so exciting that it was hard to leave this place.
I would also like to note that Minsk is an extremely clean city. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about my native Ukraine. However, it does not change the fact that every city on its own is beautiful, and everywhere you can find something that will leave only beautiful memories. For someone it will be the architectural monument, for someone - chic shops, but for someone it will be a cheerful dog and a watering machine.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About tanya_khludkova


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Belarus

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.