Existing Member?

Space unbound

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [160] | Scholarship Entry

This subject, union of Bharalu tributary to the Brahmaputra river was something I witnessed on regular basis while taking a bus from IIT Guwahati to Guwahati city. But like most people, I was not aware that this disgusting looking drainage was actually a beautiful tributary which flow through the heart of the city. Instead of preserving it, it was transformed into a drain under the pressure of modernization, and consumerism. Sadly Bharalu is draining its ugliness into the life line river Brahmaputra. Hope that human greed will stop somewhere or like Bharalu, the mastic river Brahmaputra will also turn into a drain. And this scenario can be witnessed all over the world.
I have till date worked mostly with videos and my main interest is the script. I think in visual area I have a natural hold.
As a Film maker I want to master the craft of telling a story or a reality in a very simple way but carrying significant impact. Form of a film attracts me a lot. I feel film should be like drinking a cup of tea, an immersive experience.
Winning this scholarship means a lot to me at this point , it will be a rare chance to explore myself and my creativity in a different immersive space.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About tanima


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.